Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hot Springs

We did all kinds of cool things on our vacation to Hot Springs, Arkansas. We had a cabin on Lake Hamilton and went into town a few times. Mommy did the bath thing at the Arlington Hotel one morning while me and Daddy just hung out.
We spent a couple of hours at the Mid America Science Museum. It was neat to see how different things work. There was a light inside this ball that followed my hand!



We went on a big boat called the Belle. It was 3 stories tall and had food and everything. We sat on top for the first part, but then went to the second level where it was air conditioned. The captain gave us a tour of Lake Hamilton and even told us who own some of the very nice properties.


There was a nice swim area in the lake by our cabin. It was my first time swimming in the lake and it was fun! I really like the water!!!



We spent a whole day on a road trip to Petit Jean State Park. We did a little light hiking and had a picnic there. There was a waterfall and caves and mountains. It was pretty. These are called turtle rocks because they look like turtle shells.

Sometimes we just hung out at the cabin. This was our lazy time.


We stopped on the way in Texarkana. The state line goes right through the middle of town!

This is down town Hot Springs. Daddy actually heated my bottle up in one of these springs. That is how hot the water is!
More pictures from Petit Jean State Park.

Daddy is sharing his water with me after a little hike. Yummy!

3 comments:

Thatcher's Mommy said...

This sure looks like a lot more work than laying on the beach. Thatcher missed his cousin lots! I'm glad you had fun, though. And I'm really glad your mommy is back so I have someone to talk to during the day. We'll see you soon!

Gram said...

Yes, it is a different vacation, but still looks like you had a great time. I think the "turtle" rocks look neat. I miss you, Ashtyn. I can't wait to see you again.

Marcian said...

These are some of the most adorable pictures I've seen! Ashtyn is lovely, and growing so fast.

Miss you guys,
M