Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation Part 1

We headed from Nana and Poppie's house to Galveston for a few days.  We decided to take the scenic route that involved the ferry.  We had to wait quite a while on the ferry, so Ashtyn and I took a little walk.


Drew drove the car a little bit while we were waiting.
Windy ferry!!!


Our first full day of vacation, Aunt Andi met us and we went on a boat tour and saw some dolphins.  Too bad we weren't quick enough to get any pictures of the dolphins!!!
Drew took advantage of this time to sneak a nap.
After lunch, we headed to the beach for the first time.  This was the first of many "tastes" of sand for Drew.  You would think we don't feed the kid!
Ashtyn just lit up at the beach!  She loved playing in the sand the most.

Daddy and Drew in the surf.

4 comments:

grandpa mitch said...

Ashtyn, I love the beach, too. But I like being out in the water even more. It looks like you and Drew had a great time. The rays that we see will not slow down enough for you to pet them, but Julio fed one a lion fish today.

Gram (I forgot to go to my account)

Nana said...

I really liked "seeing" ya'll enjoy the beach and ferry so much.

Nana said...

I really liked "seeing" ya'll enjoy the beach and ferry so much.

MeMe said...

riding a ferry is tons of fun.